Friday, August 3, 2007

Fundraising idea

I found this funny and had to share, but I read a comment on another blog in which a gal was doing youth ministry and was getting together with middle school girls to do a tie dye shirt project. Somehow they got on the subject of adoption (they didnt know the gal was adopting) and they were talking about all the needy children in the world. The gal said it made her so sad because of the costs, because more people would probably do it. One of the girls said "how much does it cost?" and another one said "I heard between $300-700". Ha!! The naivites of being so young :o) After reading how lotta these couples are doing fundraising efforts to help with their costs, I decided to use the little "side business" idea I had last spring to see if we can't cash in on the concept to help us with our costs. Diaper cakes--and for those of you who didn't see my first time effort masterpiece I made this cake for my girlfriend the day she had her baby in which I just threw it together at the last minute. It's stuffed full of baby goodies (pacifiers, clothes, bottle, bibs...etc). I went a bit overboard because it was my girlfriend but I may be able to simplify what goes into each cake. I have many ideas and am thinking this week of sitting down and trying to make a few...take some pictures and maybe post up fliers around to see if anyone is interested. If that goes well, we'll see about going a little broader and selling some on ebay. They could potentially be a hit. The nurses and gals at the hospital when I brought this up to my girlfriend seemed to think it was great and that I should start my own business :o) We'll see.




1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey I'm the girl you're talking about!! :-)

I LOVE the cake!!!